Saturday 5 May 2007

Thwarted by technology

My grand plan to submit my boring article has been thwarted. I use open source software and it seems that in the transfer from .odt to .rtf something is going wrong, with the net result that my tutor can't open my assignment. Could it be a sign?? I write this, not because I think it is a watershed moment in my writing career but because I hope that somebody (anybody) out there can magically fix this and save me the expense of Microsoft software.

I have sent documents written in Open Office before and not had a problem so a part of me suspects that my tutor may just be having me on. Perhaps she has read this blog and knows that I'm wasting her time. No, that can't be it. My statcounter assures me that I have yet to attain cult status.

But until this is resolved, I'll have to post submissions to magazines too - very unprofessional to send documents that don't open. This is tricky, as I have no printer. At this stage, I can't help wondering at how expensive it is to become a real writer.

No comments: